The Designated Marksman (DM) role has developed over the past decade to the point that it is an integral part of the modern military infantry makeup. The primary purpose is to extend the capability of the standard infantryman but yet not worry much about the field craft side of it. The Sniper Central DM school is intended to teach some of the more specialized skills of the DM such as rapid engagement using only the reticle, multiple target engagements, hold overs, and other specific DM skills. The distances will focus on targets 200-600 yards with a few further and a few closer. It is expected that students will be physically fit and have a good understanding of long range marksmanship already so that the class can hit the ground running. If you have unsure if your knowledge or fitness level is adequate, please contact our training staff. This class is very fun and is open to military, Law Enforcement and civilians looking to improve their marksmanship skills. See the course schedule for further details about classes that will be taught at our DM school.
- Rifle capable of sub 1.5 MOA accuracy at 100 yards and capable of 600-800 yard shooting.
- Scope should have mil (or MOA) style reticle capable of range estimation.
- Scope should be geared toward mid range engagements from 100-600 yards. Don’t go too high on the power.
- Bipod or portable shooting rest (sand bags).
- Hearing and eye protection is required.
- Firing will be done from the prone and other positions, a shooting mat is recommended.
- Writing utensil and paper for taking notes.
- Calculator for use in the field and on the range
- Spotting scope (and tripod) per two person team, if you are coming by yourself, bring one.
- Rear sandsock recommended
- 300 rounds of quality ammunition to achieve sub 1.5 MOA, all the same load, preferably from the same lot.
- Wet weather gear
- Sunblock, hats, sunglasses, etc. The weather can be hot or cold, Montana is known for all types of weather.
- Food and transportation to and from the range, etc. is the responsibility of the student.
Class size: 6 to 12 students (Larger groups can be accommodated by request)