Life lessons learned at sniper school.

Home Forums Sniper Employment & Deployment Life lessons learned at sniper school.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bryon_e 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jerryjones
    Participant

During my time service in my national military I had to spend 3 weeks at sniper school to become a sharpshooter. It was tough but enlightening at the same time. The entire story is too long for reddit to bear so I listed only the key bulletpoints and lessons learned.

• Get comfortable being uncomfortable. Wether lying in the dirt or doing anything that we don’t want to – it doesn’t matter. This will determine the way we handle anything that life throws at us. This way we’re preparing ourselves for situatioins that are not perfect and won’t be perished by the difficulties.

• Adversity is to be expected and welcomed. Challenges are inevitable part of life. Moreover they make us who we are. There is a difference in yielding to obstacles and overcoming them. The former implies to copeing while the latter is thriving and self-empowerment.

• It is easier to do it the hard way. As humans we always want to take the path of least resistance. However this is conditions us in a negative way. Without adversity we would get too soft. In the long run having it tough will make us more able to overcome any obstacle.

bryon_e
    Keymaster

Well said Jerryjones!

Home Forums Sniper Employment & Deployment Life lessons learned at sniper school.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.