What Optic Mel?

Home Forums Equipment Optics What Optic Mel?

This topic contains 234 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kansas 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 235 total)
  • Author

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

Are you a RELOADER WIGMASTER???

Anonymous

negatif … in the cratridge thread I talk about my reasons for returning to the military cratridges … and that is the depth and breath of the factory ammo supply.

I work in the day and I’m trying to build up a cattle business on the side … and I shoot at night … so TIME is critical asset. And my goal is 200 live fire rounds per week and if I was to reload that many I would have to back off on either the day job or the cattle business or shooting … further current factory cratridges like FGMM 7.62×51 175gr SMK or FGM 7.62×67 190gr meet my requirements for sub 1.0 MOA results.

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

Well Wigman, we all have our opinions….mine is …ALWAYS be able to have reloading to fall back on…I remember a time when .22’s were “unavailable”

Anonymous

You stockpile primers … I stock pile finished rounds … we both stockpile 🙂

You might be able to make bullets and powder from other materials .. and you might always be able to find usable brass, but you need primers.

Anonymous

As to .22LR .. I recall (like 2013 maybe after) when .22LR prices went up. .22LR Ammo was available, but prices were higher than many people wanted to pay. So people said “.22’s were unavailable” … though actually they were available, just not at a price some wanted to pay.

Anonymous

Also I suspect in a few years (about 3.5) my priorities will shift and I will then start to reload … going for a balance (depending on the cartridge) of cost savings and consistency.

mele-02
    Keymaster

I very much enjoy reloading, time is my big problem with that. And since I need to use a ‘baseline’ for rifle testing, we typically only use factory loads. Though I am setup for reloading and I especially like developing special purpose loads.

MEL

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

Does anyone FOR SURE know where to obtain Russian primers?

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

OK WIGMAN…just bought an Apple IPad…600 bucks with protective case….I can get a Winchester Ballistic Calculator on it and some other ones,,,no Shooter though…is this good?…crap , you gotta be a cottin pickin millionaire to get into this

Anonymous

Applied Ballistics and Shooter are the two I’ve used. I’ve seen a Winchester on their website but that was too light for actual use … more of a teaser.

I will google around.

Anonymous

Hum, this says Shooter works with i-pad

https://www.shooterapp.net/

Who/what said it did not ??

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

The geek at Best Buy did…..do you have an Apple I-pad Wigman? Well hell wigman, if I cannot use this Ipad I will be pissed…I am sure there is something in the AP store that both you and I can work with together don’t you???

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

you are correct, I should be able to get Shooter

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

yep it is for sale on amazon for ten bucks…my ipad will be here by Friday…is buying this ap difficult??

Michael Mecikalski
    Participant

is dr mike capable of downloading shooter?

Home Forums Equipment Optics What Optic Mel?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.