What skill have you always wanted to learn?

Home Forums Sniper Employment & Deployment Training What skill have you always wanted to learn?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mele-02 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mele-02
    Keymaster

I pose this question in an effort to keep our training curriculum at the leading edge. What is that one skill you always wanted to learn more in regards to sniping/long range training, but have never seen taught? What is missing?

let us know
    MEL

sulcop
    Participant

Mel,

I was fortunate to be on a team that has a advanced program but one skill set we had to work on solo was shooting from an uneven platform. Not talking about the board on chains in PRS, but a rocking platform aka a boat. Our team coveres a lot of coastal waters and we have a Maritime Assault Force and two boats. One boat is designated to provide cover to the assault team. We have still not perfected shooting from that platform and I couldn’t find any current schools. It is a Niche skill but would be applicable to some teams and challenging to anyone.

mele-02
    Keymaster

Good point. I have thought of setting up a floating platform in a inflatable kids pool or something like that to allow for some of this… might have to develop the idea further.

MEL

sulcop
    Participant

When you do I promise to finally make the trip out to one of your classes. By the way the rifle you made me still shoots under MOA and still sports the AICS chassis.

mele-02
    Keymaster

Sounds good! That could be a very good portion to add to advance class in the future….

Good to hear the rifle is still doing well!

MEL

Home Forums Sniper Employment & Deployment Training What skill have you always wanted to learn?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.