This two day course is intended as a followup to our Basic Precision Marksman course is focused on reenforcing
the concepts and lessons taught in the basic course as well as introduce more advanced concepts and
techniques. The Precision Marksman - Basic
course is a pre-requisite to attending
this school. A similar course from a different training facility can be substitiued in place of our PM-Basic
course provided proof of attendance is can be verified. (Send a copy of certificate, etc) The course starts
where the basic course ended with long range unknown distance shooting and then moves into additional topics
including moving targets, calculating hold overs and hold offs, rapid fire engagements, stress fire and
alternate firing positions including off hand firing and snap shots. The course is taught in a
manner to promote learning in a friendly manner with an emphasis on quality shooting, not
quantity. This course is open to LE, Military and Civilians. There is a decent amount of
walking and other physical stresses including potentially hot and cold temperatures as well
as wet weather, so please be prepared. The class is open to Canadians and other foreign students as well,
but be aware that if you plan to bring and use your own firearm from out of country, there are ATF regulations
that need to be followed. It is not difficult, but the paperwork does require a little bit of time to
get approved from the ATF. Contact the ATF for more info.
A limited number of rifles, spotting scopes, and other equipment are available for rent.
Butte Gun Club
- Rifle capable of 1 MOA or better, capable of 1000 yard shooting and zeroed.
- Ballistic card, ballistic software or dope sheets for your rifle and ammo for ranges from 100-1000 yards.
- Bipod or portable shooting rest (sand bags).
- Hearing and eye protection are required.
- Most firing will be done from the prone position on the ground, bring a matt if you would like.
- Canteen, thermos, camelback, or other device for holding drinking water.
- Writing utensil and paper for taking notes.
- Spotting scope (and tripod) per two person team, if you are coming by yourself, bring one.
- Rear sand-sock recommended but not required.
- 200+ rounds of quality match grade ammunition, all the same load, preferably the same lot.
- Wet weather gear
- Sunblock, hats, sunglasses, etc. Weather can be hot or cold and the range is at 5000ft elevation.
- Food, housing, transportation to and from the range, etc. is your responsibility. The range is right
outside of Butte Montana.
, Butte Montana
Aug 31 - Sep 1, 2012 Registration
$100 deposit due to reserve a slot.
The balance will be due before the class starts.
Primary Instructor: Melvin Ewing, Owner SniperCentral.com
US Army Sniper School (Ft Benning), FBI SWAT Basic Sniper School (Resident school)
Assistent Instructor: Bryon Eyre, USAF Firearms instructor 10+ years
Benches: Fri 1200-1300
High Power: Sat 1200-1500
Silhouette/Unknown distance: Fri 1430-1700 Sat 0830-0930 1500-1700
Class size: 12 shooters
223 Rem - 300 Win Mag (contact us if you plan to use .223)
1100 Introduction & Safety Briefing - Schuetzen House (SH)
1200 Range: 100 Yard Zero Confirmation - 100 Yard KD Range
1300 Class: Unknown Distance Refresh - SH
1330 Class: Holdovers & Holdover Calculation - SH
1430 Range: Unknown distance, hidden shots, holdovers, simulshots, 200-900 yards - unknown distance range
1700 End of Day
0800 Safety Briefing, Morning Q&A - SH
0830 Range: Unknown distance multiple engagements, Competition - Unknown Distance Range
0930 Class: Moving Targets - SH
1030 Class: Unusual shooting positions and Snap Shooting - SH
1100 Break for Lunch
1200 Range: Moving Targets and Snap Shooting 300 & 600 yards - High Power Range
1600 Range: Unusual shooting positions - Unknown Distance Range
1700 End of Class