The SP66 was designed and intended for both military and Law Enforcement use. It is a well made rifle, with a beautiful and very practical contoured wood stock. The SP66 is similar to, and can trace some of its roots back to some Mauser competition rifles. The rifle uses the Mauser short action with a very fast lock time, which is critical for accurate shooting. The rifle has a high reputation for being extremely accurate, and comfortable to shoot, though the wood stock and other older features make it less applicable to modern sniping.
- Manufacturer: Mauser
- Model: SP66 (also known as the 66SP)
- Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Win)
.300 Win. Mag
- Barrel Length: 26.75" (680 mm)
- Twist: RH 4 Grooves
- Magazine: 3 round integral box magazine
- Stock: Fully adjustable, thumbhole, target style wood stock.
- Weight: 13.64lbs (6.2 kg)
- Overall Length: 44.85" (1140mm)